× Engineering and Technology School with NZQA Confidence in Educational Performance and Self-Assessment capacity Read More

  • “I am from South Korea. ICA was a good choice for me because when I came here. I could not speak English very well. My English has improved and I can now converse and hold a conversation in English. My English class is fun and has developed my English skill rapidly. I have enjoyed the experience this is all due to my wonderful English teacher.”
Rock 'n Roll Welcoming 2014 Party Night

Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students

International College of Auckland has agreed to observe and be bound by the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students published by the Minister of Education. Copies of the Code are available on request from this institution or from the New Zealand Ministry of Education website at



Full details of visa and permit requirements, advice on rights to employment in New Zealand while studying, and reporting requirements are available through the New Zealand Immigration Service, and can be viewed on their website at http://www.immigration.govt.nz

Eligibility for Health Services

Most international students are not entitled to publicly funded health services while in New Zealand. If you receive medical treatment during your visit, you may be liable for the full costs of that treatment. Full details on entitlements to publicly-funded health services are available through the Ministry of Health, and can be viewed on their website at


Accident Insurance

The Accident Compensation Corporation provides accident insurance for all New Zealand citizens, residents and temporary visitors to New Zealand, but you may still be liable for all other medical and related costs. Further information can be viewed on the ACC website at


Medical and Travel Insurance

International students must have appropriate and current medical and travel insurance while studying in New Zealand.


If you are over 18 years of age you may choose your own accommodation. However if you would like ICA to organise homestay accommodation please indicate this on the registration form or inform the Marketing Manager at any time. If you have problems with your accommodation the ICA Marketing Manager is available at ICA during normal office hours on a daily basis or in an emergency please contact the Principal.