Dr. Faiz Rasool (Engineering Department HOD)
Faiz has five years NZ experience and two years international experience of tertiary education in various roles including Lecturer, Research and program leader. During job, he has close working experience with major academic organizations including NZQA, Skills Organization, IPENZ, IEEE, IEEE control Society etc. around the globe and in New Zealand . He is equally capable of delivering advanced electrical courses including Electrical and Electronics circuits, power electronics, Control Systems, PLC Programming, Microcontroller interfacing, mentoring final year project students. He is also skilled assessor (NZQA certified 4098) and expert moderator (NZQA certified 11551) and assessment designer (11552). As program leader role, he is well capable for smooth operation of engineering department, dealing with IPENZ and NZQA officials for course approvals and accreditations, and liaison with industry. He is also IPENZ national examiner. He also have a deep understanding of NZQA framework, Dublin, Sydney and Washington accord.
Faiz completed his PhD (electrical and electronics) from electrical and computer engineering department, The University of Auckland, New Zealand. He also got his Masters of engineering, with A+ grade, from the same university. During studies, he published 10 journals with high impact factors and 14 papers in world class IEEE and IET conferences. He is also author of a book.
A Project management professional and PMI Agile Certified Practitioner leading and coaching teams in the domain of digital technologies and Education.
• Led more than 12 Academic and industry project ranging from new programme approvals, Curriculum design for Engineering, IT, Project Management, Healthcare and Business Programmes, Digital Marketing campaigns and CRM implementation
• Successfully completed more than 7 Engineering and IT Lab deployment projects
• Developed a number of Strategic and Risks management, quality assurance and self-assessment Frameworks
• Scope, Schedule and Cost management
• Developed POST-TROQ NZQA Business and IT qualifications
• New Programme Rollovers
• Staff Mentoring and Professional Development
• Academic Quality and Compliance
• Assessment Development and moderation
• Washington, Sydney and Dublin Accord Expert
• New Zealand Qualification Framework Expert
• PhD in Electrical Engineering from the University of Auckland with Vice-chancellor award
• Masters in Engineering from the University of Auckland with A+ Grade
• PMP with above target score
• PMI_ACP with above target score
• Bachelor Degree Medalist
• National Diploma in Adult Education and Training
Tel : 09 309 9558 ext 107;