44 – 50 Weeks including holidays
Learners enrolling to this programme must hold the New Zealand Diploma in Information Technology Technical Support (Level 5) and/or equivalent qualification and/or appropriate knowledge, skills and experience in the IT sector.
International students and those who do not have English as a first language must have an IELTS academic score of 6.0, with no band score lower than 5.5; or the New Zealand Certificate in English Language Level 5; or equivalent.
The programme aims to develop learners’ professional knowledge and technical skills in systems administration. The learners will be able to analyse organisational requirements to plan and implement a range of technologies for systems and network services. The learners will be capable of planning, managing and implementing directory services, server-based virtualisation infrastructure, automated system and application software deployment techniques while applying IT service management and change management processes and procedures to comply with organisational requirements. The learners will also demonstrate professionalism, and communication, information design, personal, interpersonal and project management skills to an IT related project to analyse and solve problems.
Upon completion, the graduates will be capable of carrying out systems administration and providing related advice and support, using skills that will be internationally relevant. They will also be able to operate within an organisation with appropriate professional standards and practice, both independently and as part of a team.
The programme consists of eight (8) papers:
- 1. Identity Management and Directory Services
- 2. Server Virtualisation Infrastructure Services
- 3. Enterprise Storage Solutions and IT Service Management
- 4. Messaging Systems Administration
- 5. Network Access and Security
- 6. Application Virtualisation & Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- 7. Professional Practices
- 8. IT Project
Graduates will gain skills and knowledge to gain entry level roles:
- IT Technician
- Help Desk Analyst
- Tier 1 and 2 Desktop Support
- Systems Administrator
- Applications Support
Graduates with background can get into advanced roles:
- Senior System Administrator
- Application Support Analyst
This programme can lead to further study pathway;
- Industry specific training and certificationIT Technician
- Degree level qualifications
- Diploma in Computer Systems Support - Advanced (Level 7)
This qualification provides an education pathway from:
- New Zealand Diploma in Information Technology Technical Support (Level 5)