New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5)
ICA'S Business Department has the vision to be recognized in the Private Tertiary Education sector as a leading provider of quality graduates for the New Zealand business. With the mission of providing our student innovative and engaging learning experiences to maximize their knowledge and skills, the department offers an array of programmes from Business Level 5, 6 to Business Level 7, with strands of accounting, marketing, information and project management to healthcare programme.
Our New and NZ business focus programme has been approved as “New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5)” and will be offered from August 2016. Details of this programme is shown below:
Course length – One year including holidays (Total 40-48 weeks including holidays)
Total Credits – 120
- Applicants must have completed a minimum of 48 credits at NCEA level 2 in four subjects; or equivalent qualification; or equivalent skills and experience.
- International Students for whom English is not their First Language must meet the English Proficiency Outcomes and must have IELTS academic score of 5.5, with no band score lower than 5; or equivalent proficiency outcomes for entry at level 5.
There are no other mandatory prerequisites to meet regulatory body or legislative requirements for entry to this program or to achieve the qualification.
- One year of study (short period)
- NZQA approved course and NZQA issued qualification
- Internationally recognized qualification
- Prosperous career future
- Path way to study New Zealand Diploma in Management level 6 or related Level 6 course
- Students are entitled to work 20 hours per week while studying
Aims of the course
This programme aims to provide New Zealand Business entities with professionals with general and specialised knowledge and skills in Business processes and operations at the operational level.
Specifically, the program aims to develop the learners’ business knowledge and skills to apply knowledge of principles and practices of business operations while contributing to innovation and organisational change; it will guide them to select, manage and support a broad range of contemporary business technologies to meet the needs of a business entity; further, it will help them manage business operations and projects, lead and inspire teams by developing a positive workplace culture and promoting compliance with internal and external environments for efficient and effective performance of the entity.
Core Compulsory (Two Papers)
o NZDB500 Business Fundamentals
o NZDB501 Business Innovation and Organisational Change.
Administration and Technology (Four Papers)
o NZDB510 Business Administrative Services
o NZDB511 Business Technologies
o NZDB512 Business Administrative Systems and Processes
o NZDB513 Administration and Technology Project
Leadership and Management (Four Papers)
o NZDB520 Business Operations
o NZSB521 Business Planning
o NZDB522 Leadership
o NZDB523 Project Leadership and Management