50 Weeks including holidays
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Successfully completed a Level 6 or equivalent qualification in information technology or similar discipline; OR
- Successfully completed a bachelor’s degree in any information technology relevant field; OR
- Evidence of equivalent practical, professional or educational experience e.g. Three or more year full time experience (relevant to ICT); OR
- Candidates aged over 20 years who do not meet the entry requirements but whose skills, education or work experience indicate that they have an equivalent knowledge and skills may be eligible for special admission at the discretion of the Head of the department or designated nominee.
International students and those who do not have English as a first language must have an IELTS academic score of 6.0, with no band score lower than 5.5; or evidence must be provided of equivalent English language proficiency.
The programme has been developed for students who already have a foundation of Information technology and wish to acquire more specialised knowledge and skills related to networks, systems and cloud technology in accordance with IT industry requirements.
This programme will also benefit individuals who are employed in the IT industry and would like to gain further credentials that will support to advance their career in the field of systems, networks and cloud technology administration.
Graduates of this programme will be able to demonstrate theoretical knowledge and specialised technical skills with depth in the field of systems and network administration by analysing and generating solutions to implement and maintain systems, networks and cloud based solutions to meet broadly defined organisational requirements.
The programme consists of two core and six elective papers of which students will need to select four to complete a qualification of 120 credits.
- Project Management
- Final Project
Students can choose four papers from the following;
- Servers Infrastructure Administration
- Public and Private Cloud Technology
- Messaging and Collaboration Systems
- IT Service Management
- Advanced Computer Networks
- Network and System Security