Diploma in Business (Level 7)
Programme OverviewThe Diploma in Business (level 7) is a New Zealand Qualification Authority (NZQA) approved programme of study. It allows students to gain an in-depth business skills and knowledge that build upon the foundation of level 6 business qualifications such as New Zealand Diploma in Business or National Diploma in Business which are pre-requisite for entry. Graduates of the Diploma in Business (Specialty) (level 7) will gain the knowledge and skills to enter careers such as accountancy, banking, and business computing, management, marketing, tourism, healthcare and project management. With knowledge in business related subjects, students will gain introductory level research skills and explore contemporary business issues in New Zealand.
Course DetailCourse length – 46 weeks including holidays
Class timetable – Classes over weekdays as well as weekends
Total Credits – 120
To be eligible in this programme, all applicants must be:
- 18 years and above.
- Have an appropriate academic qualification to enroll on this programme. Students must have gained the New Zealand Diploma of Business (Level 6) or National Diploma of Business(Level 6) or their equivalent.
- International students for whom English is a second language must also have an IELTS score of 6.0 (academic) with no individual band lower than 5.5 or TOEFL score of 550 with an essay score of 5 TWE or equivalent. Students who enroll having the New Zealand Diploma of Business or National Diploma (Level 6) will be deemed to have met this criterion.
- Should pass ICA’s internal English Language Proficiency Assessment with an overall proficiency of 6, with no individual band score lower than 5.5.
This programme aims the following:
- To enable international and domestic students to gain a level 7 business qualification which provides pathways to enter the workforce or to progress to further study in other tertiary institutions;
- To build upon the knowledge, understandings and skills developed in NZDipBus and NZIM Diploma in Management Advanced Level 6 in a chosen specialist area;
- To provide opportunities for students to be exposed to the culture and context of New Zealand Business through assessment tasks, project, reports, research, industry visits, visiting lecturers from the industry and internships and
- To expose students to a qualification which encourages reflection on the nexus between theoretical knowledge and practice in New Zealand business environment.
Graduates of the Diploma in Business Level 7 will have the knowledge and skills to enter careers in the field of accountancy, banking, and business computing, management, marketing, tourism, healthcare and project management.