The College of Business staircases NZDipBus students into its degree programmes based on the policy covered in points 1-5 below.
Students who do not have the university entrance qualification, which includes literacy and numeracy requirements as set out by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA), will gain entry to College of Business degree programmes on the following bases:
- a. Students with a minimum grade of B in three or more NZDipBus papers will gain entry to College of Business degree programmes subject to providing satisfactory evidence of their proficiency in English such as a copy of the English Language proficiency that supported their entry into the NZDipBus programme.
b. Students with an Academic IELTS of 6.0 with no band less than 5.5 (or an equivalent TOEFL score) and a minimum grade of C in three or more NZDipBus programme.
- Credits will be granted on a case-by-case basis with each application for credit determined on its own merits. Students applying for credit on the basis of prior NZDipBus study should supply an NZQA transcript for assessment purposes. The link to apply for an NZQA transcript online is:http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualifications-standards/qualifications/business-qualifications/nz-diploma-in-business/ and select Application for a New Zealand Diploma in Business Transcript.
- For a completed NZDipBus, up to 120 credits in unspecified and specified papers may be granted for NZDipBus papers passed with a grade of B or better.
Students will be granted credit for specific papers where appropriate but frequently unspecified credits will be granted.
- For an incomplete NZDipBus, up to 75 credits in unspecified and specified papers may be granted for NZDipBus papers passed with a grade of B or better. Students will be granted credit for specific papers where appropriate be frequently unspecified credits will be granted.
- Credit will not be granted for NZDipBus papers passed subsequent to the student enrolling in a College of Business degree programme.
Students must present evidence of all NZDipBus papers passed prior to entering Massey University when they apply for credit on entry to a Massey University programme.
The college’s general policy that each application for credit will be determined on its own merit continues to apply. Please consult the College of Business before promoting a specific NZDipBus credit arrangement between your institution and Massey University.
The College of Business at Massey University looks forward to welcoming students with a New Zealand Diploma of Business form the International College of Auckland.