Red/Green Ways Out
After you collect your bags and have shown your passport and had it stamped, either:
· walk through the "Nothing to Declare Way Out" (green exit) if you have not declared any Customs or agricultural goods on your Arrival Card, or
· go to the "Goods to Declare Way Out" (red exit) if you have declared any Customs or agricultural goods on your Arrival Card, or you are unsure which exit to use.
Your bags may be searched by:
· Customs officers
· Agriculture/Quarantine officers.
Registering with your Embassy / Consulate
The most countries have their Embassies or Consulates in New Zealand. Some countries have their representation in Australia. ICA advises that you should register yourself at your constituent embassy or consulate.
The Chinese Embassy in Wellington and the Consulate-General in Auckland requests all students to register with their Education Office once they have arrived in New Zealand. The Embassy and Consulate keep students’ information on file so that when you return to China they can issue you with a certificate of overseas study to use when looking for a job.
You need to provide the Embassy or Consulate with the following:
· a copy of your passport
· a copy of the offer letter from your New Zealand education provider
· a completed registration form (this can be downloaded from www.chinaeducation.org.nz).